Atlanta International School (AIS) is a private 3K - Grade 12 school located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia. At AIS we teach the International Baccalaureate curriculum through five languages - Chinese, English, French, German and Spanish.
Our employees, students and their families represent countries and cultures from around the globe, speak dozens of languages, and place a high value on global citizenship and interconnectedness.
Our Mission and Vision
At Atlanta International School, our mission is to develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better.
Our values are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
AIS employees believe deeply in the potential of each student, value critical thinking (their own and students’) and know learning should be fun and exciting. If these ideas resonate deeply with you, chances are you’d be a good fit for working at AIS.
What Makes a Great AIS Teacher
AIS teachers come from dozens of different countries and speak many different languages, but all share several common values:
passion for teaching
diversity & multiple perspectives
Benefits of Working Here
Atlanta International School strives to find the best person for each role in our school. Our comprehensive benefits program ensures we can attract and retain exceptional colleagues. We offer:
- A collegial and supportive work environment. Our employees tell us all the time that one of the best things about working here are the deep and meaningful relationships they build with their peers
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision and 403b plan
- Short and long-term disability insurance plus supplemental insurance plans like life and cancer care coverage
- Time off to manage your work/life balance, including vacation, sick and personal days
- Significant professional development opportunities
- Free after school childcare and summer camp while you work on campus
- Use of school track and fitness center
- Visa and relocation benefits, where applicable
AIS Non-Discrimination Statement
Atlanta International School (AIS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively committed to employing a diverse workforce.
AIS practices a full non-discriminatory policy in all school-administered programs and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender preference in all of its admissions, educational and employment policies, programs, and practices. AIS is a member of the Council for International Schools (CIS) and adheres to its Code of Ethics to guide our employment practices. The purpose of the CIS Code of Ethics is to describe the moral principles upon which CIS members are expected to base their conduct and professional practice.
Be Aware: Atlanta International School posts vacancies on our website at www.aischool.org and with the major international recruiting fairs each year. Several international schools have reported scams involving non-existent teaching jobs. Some international schools have recently had their web sites cloned, and candidates have been asked to send large amounts of money to fake employment agencies. All international candidates are urged to be diligent in investigating potential schools during the recruiting process and prior to signing a contract. Use extreme caution if you have been asked for money or private information.