ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. The student body, numbering 1,220 is approximately 50% American and 50% international; the diverse faculty and staff come from over 35 different nations. More than 90 nationalities and 60 languages are represented in the AIS community.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
As we continue to evolve and expand on our pillars, we recommit to our students’ development of a global mindset. We design experiences that enable our learners to become adaptable, capable thinkers who demonstrate perseverance and resilience; we create an environment that provides ample opportunities for collaborative creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We are intentionally developing the most inclusive community we can possibly create.
We are seeking a dynamic Head of Equity and Inclusion to advance the school’s commitment to an open, inclusive community, which provides equitable opportunities and wellbeing to all.ABOUT THE POSITION
AIS is looking for a Head of Equity and Inclusion who deeply believes in preparing students to become global leaders that will create a more equitable world. As Head of Equity and Inclusion, you will lead the AIS community in developing and realizing a vision for equity and inclusion that becomes an everyday part of our school.
This position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), reports directly to the Head of School and will collaborate closely with the SLT, Principals, and Curriculum Coordinators. You will also manage two DEI coordinators in this role with the possibility of other department leads, such as Counseling and Learning Support.
You will join a school with an incredible spirit of community and diversity of perspectives.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is deeply aligned with the values and principles of Atlanta International School; has a love for the development of young people, possess a passion for equity, is a skilled facilitator of adult learning, and can lead an organization through transformational change.What You Will Do
Community Learning and Development
- Chair the school’s Equity and Inclusion Task Force. As a member, participate in the Primary and Secondary Leadership and Student Support Teams (as needed), in addition to attending IB Curriculum Subject Group and Grade Level Planning Teams as relevant and necessary.
- Ownership of all current equity and inclusion activities including carrying forth and refining a strategy for staff and faculty learning and development and student and family/community engagement.
- Work in collaboration with school leaders to merge the equity and inclusion strategy into the AIS organizational processes.
- Refine the 3-year strategic plan based on evidence, learning, and growth.
- Work closely with the SLT to integrate Equity and Inclusion principles and practices into the upcoming school-wide strategic plan.
Lead Organizational Change around Equity and Inclusion
What We Are Looking For
- Coaching the SLT and leaders of the key areas of focus in becoming a more equitable and inclusive organization.
- Coaching of all AIS leaders to develop and execute on equity and inclusion goals. In specific cases manage business processes during the transformation of realizing their equity and inclusion goals.
- Work with the Board DEI Committee and Parent Organization leadership in realizing AIS’ vision for equity and inclusion.
- Represent AIS's vision at local, regional, and national conferences related to equity and social justice education.
- A passion and deep alignment with AIS’s mission, diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master's degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, specifically teaching and/or adult learning facilitation is essential
- Experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in a school, NGO or university setting
- Experience mentoring, managing a team, or being responsible for other’s professional growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high levels of responsiveness to students, families, staff, and faculty
- Instructional background at a level 3K - 12, specifically in a school setting
- Experience living or working internationally
- Professional proficiency or above in multiple languages
This is a Senior Administrator position and the applicant will be placed on Senior Leadership Team’s salary scale. The package will be competitive and commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.TO APPLY:
AIS is conducting a local, national and international search for this position. All candidates who wish to apply for the position must establish a professional file with email@example.com
to facilitate the application process and ensure that credentials are provided in a uniform and consistent manner.
Please submit a cover letter of application, curriculum vitae/resume, statement of educational philosophy and any other supporting documents. Please also include names, addresses and day-time telephone numbers of at least three references. These must include direct supervisors or the person in the position of chief responsibility for the evaluation of the applicant‘s performance. AIS reserves the right to contact the writers of any open letters of recommendation for confidential statements.
All finalist candidates will be required to submit to rigorous reference and background checking as required by Federal and State Law and as recommended by local and national agencies and the International Task Force on Child Protection.
All application materials should be sent to The Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted from time of posting and the application period will close on October 30, 2020
. AIS reserves the right to close the search at any time, should a successful candidate be identified earlier in the process. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.Atlanta International School is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.